Written by yorky
Friday, 01 June 2007
- 7 cups Coconut milk
- 1 Roast duck, boned and sliced
- 15 Cherry tomatoes
- 5 Fresh large red chilies, sliced lengthwise
- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 2 tblsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Fresh basil
Pound together all the curry paste ingredients in a mortar.
- 7 Dried red chilies
- 3 tblsp Chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Lemon grass, sliced
- 1/4 cup Galangal, chopped
- 1 tsp Kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander root, chopped
- 1 tblsp Shrimp paste
- 1 tsp White peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
Heat 2 cups of coconut milk in a wok. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes.
Add the remainder of the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add the duck, tomatoes and red chili and re-boil. Then add the remaining ingredients and simmer for a further 5 minutes.